Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Monthly Calendar Project

Did you pick up a couple packages of the mini calendars we had in the store during the last few months of the year?...Well, I certainly did, and after gifting a few at Christmas, I found I had one set left over for myself... I wanted to do something more with the calendar than just sticking it on my computer, so my 'Monthly Calendar Project' idea was hatched...Every month I will share with you a calendar page I have created that can be displayed during that month, then later easily be changed into a scrapbook page...

I selected this really cute white scalloped clipboard to be the base of my project...this one measures 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches square...

Each months calendar will have a theme, and for January 2012 I have chosen Chinese New Year, which falls on January 23...Monthly themes can be inspired by holidays, vacations, special family events or other occasions that merit just a bit of special attention...Here's what I ended up working with...

The background paper, and stamped images are from my own stash, the clipboard, dragon die cut, red envelope, and punchinella ribbon I picked up at Stamp Your Heart Out...the chopstick and fortune are from my kitchen junk drawer...

Here's the finished page...I left space above the calendar to add a special photo and then into the scrapbook it goes at the end of the month...just remember to go easy on the adhesive for the base paper as you want to be able to eventually take it off the clipboard...the clip actually holds it in place nicely...


I'd love to see your calender page creations too!

Make Someone Happy!
Sheila

P.S. Next month I will be using the 2012 set of Calendar Stickers by SRM. A set of stickers sells for only $2.75. These very handy stickers come in two design styles.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! Thanks again for the gift that you gave to Theo, he is really happy, and he made a card with the kit. You can see it here: http://theo-cards.blogspot.com/
    See you soon,

    Maria B.

    ReplyDelete